Funding the Mission
For generations, Nazarenes have supported the World Evangelism Fund. In the Funding the Mission plan, the World Evangelism Fund is the vehicle through which we deliver the message of hope – and your church drives that mission.
Find resources about Stewardship here.
Investment Management Account
With an Investment Management Account (IMA) through the Nazarene Foundation, you can invest the long-term funds of your church or ministry and take advantage of high-quality, hassle-free investment management solutions.
Wesleyan-Holiness Digital Library
Find articles, journals and other publications about Stewardship and tithing at the WHDL site.
The Church of the Nazarene received a $1 million grant from the Lilly Endowment, Inc.’s National Initiative to Address the Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders. With this grant, the Church of the Nazarene created The COMPASS Initiative (a three-year initiative) to address the top seven financial challenges that Nazarene pastors are facing in the U.S.A and Canada.
Pensions and Benefits USA
Pensions and Benefits USA (P&B) serves the Church of the Nazarene by providing and educating ministers about uniquely designed benefit plans and related services, assisting constituents through significant life transitions, and conveying the importance of support for the P&B Fund.
Christian education is that ministry of the church by which it seeks to COMMUNICATE ITS FAITH AND NURTURE CHRISTLIKE DISCIPLES. In the Church of the Nazarene, the ministry of Christian Education is expressed through local church education and Nazarene higher education, including clergy education.
Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability
ECFA enhances trust in Christ-centered churches and ministries by establishing and applying Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship™ to accredited organizations.
IRS Charitable Giving
The Internal Revenue Service is the nation's tax collection agency and administers the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress.
Find documents and forms used in the Church of the Nazarene here.
Your gifts are vital to supporting your local church and Nazarene entities around the world as they work to make Christlike disciples in the nations. There are many ways to give.
1. Cash gifts in the form of a regular tithe, usually 10% of your income, are the lifeblood of your church. Your tithe pays your pastors’ salaries, provides you a place to worship, and funds the local church ministries you enjoy.
2. Required distributions from your IRA account can be given directly to your church. In addition to supporting your church’s ministry, these donations reduce your taxable income.
3. Appreciated assets like stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or real estate can provide your church with monthly income or a large lump sum for large projects.
4. In-kind gifts of services or goods your church needs.
5. Commodities such as farm crops, cattle, oil, silver, gold, mineral rights, and more can also be donated.
6. Matching gifts are available through many employers. Check with your HR representative.
Plan your final act of giving to your church
An estate gift can provide your church with needed funding for building repairs or ministries that go beyond the annual church budget.
1. Consider a bequest to your church in your estate plan.
2. Make the church a beneficiary of any asset you own, including your retirement or bank account, real estate, life insurance policy, and art or jewelry.
If you have questions about tithing or any of these giving opportunities, contact the Stewardship Development team at email@example.com or 800-544-8413.