This week’s goal should be to encourage connections within our families. Some families live under one roof, while others are separated by great distances. This week, each Sunday School member should be encouraged to look for ways to better connect with family members. This may mean beginning family devotions for some, intentionally setting aside hectic schedules and spending time together as a family for others, or possibly seeking reconciliation between family members.
• As the Church, we are the family of God – all sisters and brothers who have God as our Father. Take steps to include persons in the church who have no biological family.
• Ask a few families to take part in the worship service on this Sunday in roles such as reading scripture, presenting a skit, or singing.
• Ask one or two people to share with the congregation the influence their family has had on their Christian faith journey. These testimonies can serve as encouragement for the rest of the church to take seriously their connections with their families.
• Encourage each family to practice family devotions. Word Action’s connect!
is a great resource for families with young children.
• Distribute card-size invitations
to each person to invite unchurched family members to attend the Sunday School celebration on the last day of this emphasis.