The P.R.A.Y. program...
• Is a religious emblems program created by the national church bodies cooperating with P.R.A.Y. It is a CHURCH program, approved for use by the national youth agencies.
• Includes awards/emblems that are approved for wear on the official uniforms of the Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the U.S.A., Camp Fire USA, and American Heritage Girls.
• Is used by members of Protestant and Independent Christian churches.
• Is designed for boys and girls in grades one through twelve. All church youth (whether or not they belong to a scouting group) are eligible to participate.
• Is an interdenominational resource, which means that all denominations use the standard curriculum. The curriculum allows each church to introduce the unique characteristics of their denomination.
• Must be taught under the auspices of the church. Students are required to present their work to the pastor for final approval. This does not mean that the pastor is the only one who can serve as counselor or teach a class. The pastor may appoint a parent, Sunday school teacher, or other lay leader in the church to serve as a P.R.A.Y. program counselor. But it is the pastor who approves the final work.
• Consists of four different programs based on grade level. These grade levels roughly correspond to the different ranks in the scouting programs, but since the P.R.A.Y. program is a program of the church, it goes strictly by grade level (not by rank).
• Offers an Adult Mentor component for parents. Parents may choose to serve as Mentors and be involved in the P.R.A.Y. program alongside their children.
| ||God and Me (Grade 1-3)|
Children will become best friends with Jesus
and tell their story of “God and Me” together. Children will make a
game in each lesson and keep their games in a GAMEBOX (God And Me
Exploring BOX). These games will reinforce the Bible lessons and provide
opportunities for families to explore God’s love together.
| ||God and Family (Grades 4-5)|
The God and Family program will help
children understand the importance of family and God’s role in a healthy
family. Children will compare families and “pizza,” and they will make
a pizza as they study how families can grow together in God’s love.
|God and Church (Grades 6-8)|
The God and Church program will be a
journey to meet Jesus, worship God, and witness and minister for
Christ. Participants will create a video or a photo album to share
their faith journeys with others. The God and Church medal will include
the Nazarene Logo ¾” pen.
|God and Life (Grade 9-12)|
The God and Life study is based on the life of the Apostle Paul as recorded in Acts 9:1-31.
Adults who have served youth through their church
and a national Scouting agency may be nominated to receive an Adult
*The above content comes from www.praypub.org
. Please visit this
website for additional information about the PRAY Program, to order the
necessary books and awards.