Sunday School & Discipleship Ministries International leaders in Myanmar, led by Pastor Puia, will soon begin Children's Summer Camp 2015, an initiative to reach children for Christ during the upcoming summer break (March to May).
These children's camps will be held in 17 different locations across the district with a goal of reaching at least 960 children. SDMI will partner closely with Hi Kids International, which committed to support the camps through equipment, teachers, and finances.
Each children's camp will be coordination in conjunction with the local church and last three days. The camps include Bible teaching, music, storytelling, biblical drama presentations, games, and prayer.
Hi Kids International is part of an international children's ministry group that began in Europe. Pastor Jubilee, a Nazarene pastor in Myanmar, has been pioneering this ministry in Myanmar and Pastor Puia has been working closely with him for more than five years.
Through the work of the Holy Spirit and the commitment of these two pastors and others, more than 120 Saturday children's ministry centers were established across Myanmar with more than 6,000 children regularly attending.
Leaders request prayer that:
- The program would be God-led and empowered
- Teachers and district SDMI leaders will be anointed by the Holy Spirit
- Sufficient funds will be available for the entire three months
- Children's ministry revival will take place in every local church
- Many children will answer the call to enter into personal relationship with Jesus Christ