We are appealing for Nazarenes to pray for an immediate end to violence in the Middle East.
- Pray for peace in Israel and the Palestinian Territories, for a just and lasting solution that allows all people to live with dignity and respect in the absence of violence. Pray for the comfort of those who have lost family members and friends.
- Pray for peace in Syria, for an immediate end to the conflict, and for protection of human life. More than 100,000 people have been killed; there are 6.5 million internally displaced people in Syria and 2.5 million Syrian refugees who have fled to neighboring countries. Pray for their many needs to be met and for hope in the face of long-term displacement.
- Pray for the persecuted church across the region that is in danger because of faith in Christ, that those who are oppressed would know the strength and courage that comes from fellowship with God. Pray that people of different faiths could live in peace with one another.
- Pray for the protection of children throughout the region and for all people who have experienced trauma.
- Pray for local churches that are working in partnership with Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (and other ministries and agencies) to alleviate suffering as they care for the vulnerable in volatile, insecure conditions.
As followers of the risen Christ, we are called to love all people and recognize that they are precious and worthy of our concern and compassion.
If you would like to help the Church of the Nazarene respond to these needs through local congregations and church partners, you can give to Nazarene Compassionate Ministries:
Support Middle East Crisis Response to provide relief for those affected by conflict in the region by clicking here.
Respond to the needs of the Persecuted Church across the Middle East by clicking here.
--Board of General Superintendents